Rhubarb!!! Since rhubarb season is fairly short, I have to make sure I use it in as many recipes as possible! After I made Strawberry Rhubarb Jam, I just couldn’t get enough – so today I’m sharing Banana Rhubarb Mini Muffins. Which would probably be pretty delightful topped with a slather of the Jam, if you ask me 😉 There’s no such thing as rhubarb overload in my books!
Mini muffins are the cutest – everything is just so much better in mini form, isn’t it?! I’ve paired Rhubarb with classic banana for these muffins – please tell me I’m not the only one who has brown bananas stashed in their freezer!
These little guys are a cinch to whip up. I like to use whole wheat flour, but you could easily use all-purpose, if you’d rather.
On another note – aren’t those purple flowers so pretty? They’re from our chive plant, which decided to flower – and I just couldn’t bring myself to cut off the flowers. Apparently herbs taste bitter once they go to flower – but it’s a small sacrifice for such a pretty bloom. Now I have them in a vase on our kitchen table.
Have a great week!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 tablespoons 1% milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup rhubarb, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and sugars. Add in the eggs and whisk until combined. Stir in vanilla, mashed bananas, milk, and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the rhubarb.
- Spoon batter into a mini muffin pan and bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in the pan for approx 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack and cool completely.
Looking for more rhubarb recipes? Try Strawberry Rhubarb Jam!