There’s no mistaking that Fall has arrived here on the Pacific Northwest. I went for my first morning run since we’ve been back from our honeymoon and I had to dig out my long-sleeve running shirt and my warm headband. There was a bite in the air, and a few crinkled leaves crunched under my feet. People who were walking their dogs were wearing scarves and jackets.
The one thing I love about Fall is that it’s a time of renewal. While I love the spontaneity of summer, I appreciate the feeling of a fresh start, the routines of back to school, the excitement of the impending holidays, and the darkening nights with nothing to do except get cozy by the fireplace with a glass of red wine.
My favourite overnight oats recipe + the fall season = Cinnamon Pear Overnight Oats. Pears go underrated during a season that’s so focused on apples. Their creaminess and crunch pair with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon alongside healthy oats and chia seeds. Leaving the jar to set in the fridge overnight magically yields a no-bake portable oatmeal.
If you make your lunch the night before (which is my favourite morning hack!), I encourage you to mix together a jar of Cinnamon Pear Overnight Oats for breakfast at the same time. It will save you buckets of time in the morning – more time to spend underneath the covers!
- ½ cup milk (diary milk / coconut milk / almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- diced pear *see note below
- In a half-pint (8 oz) mason jar, stir together milk, chia seeds, and maple syrup. Add cinnamon, oats, and diced pear, screw on mason jar lid tightly and shake!! (Alternatively, you could stir the ingredients together, but shaking will combine them more quickly!)
- Set jar in refrigerator overnight.
- Enjoy for quick and portable breakfasts!