It’s no secret that I eat a Lara Bar pretty much every day. I love them for their simple, whole ingredients, but I don’t love the pricetag! My favourite flavour is the Coconut Lara Bar – so I knew I wanted to take that inspiration and make my own coconut flavoured snack bites! These No-Bake Coconut Energy Bites are inspired by Lara Bars, but are in no way supposed to be a copycat recipe.
I’ve paired coconut, dates, and cashews (the three sole ingredients in Coconut Lara Bars) with a few other nuts for a fuller flavour, and also added in my favourite spices – cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. The result is a sweetly spiced coconut energy ball – they make a great breakfast to-go and also a wonderful afternoon snack.
These No-Bake Coconut Energy Bites are SO SIMPLE and QUICK to mix up. All you need is a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor – GET ONE. They are life-changing. The first time I whipped up homemade pastry in two seconds, I was sold.
Feel free to mix up the nuts to your tastes, as long as you have the same quantity. And let me know the flavour combinations you try – I’d love to expand my No-Bake Energy Bite recipe collection. 😉
- 1 cup nuts (I used a mixture of cashews, walnuts, and almonds)
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- In a food processor, add nuts and coconut. Pulse until mixture is crumbly. Add dates, coconut oil, vanilla, and spices, and pulse again until all ingredients and incorporated and smooth.
- Form into small balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. Once chilled, transfer to a tupperware container.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.