No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Squares!
Well that title is a mouthful. 😉
These little beauties are one of the easiest recipes on this site – they require one bowl (it’s actually a pot) and no baking. Just melt the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil over the stove, mix in all the rest of the ingredients, scoop it into a pan, shove it in the fridge – and you’re good!
If eating chocolate chips for breakfast is a little too much for you (what are you, crazy?!), then feel free to leave them out. You’ll still have a delicious peanut butter oatmeal square that you can take to go.
The only caveat – do not stick one of these bars in your purse and forget about it – otherwise you will find crumbled oats and sticky peanut butter adhering to your wallet later that day! Eat it shortly after you walk out the door and store the bars in your fridge.
And to give credit when credit is due – the original recipe for these bars is from my good friend L – hi, L! I’ve since tweaked and tweaked – another version is here.
- ½ cup peanut butter (I used organic chunky)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped peanuts or cashews
- sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a medium-size pot over medium heat, melt peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil.
- After ingredients are melted, remove pot from heat and stir in rolled oats, cashews/peanuts, and cinnamon.
- Press bars into an ungreased 8x8" square pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top and gently press into bars.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Cut into 6 bars and serve.
- Store uneaten bars in the refrigerator.