Overnight Oats, guys. I just can’t.get.enough.
Remember how I used to turn up my nose at Overnight Oats and how my world was changed back in February? Yep, I have only been eating Overnight Oats for four months, and I am completely obsessed.
In fact, Overnight Oats are now my favourite workday breakfast. They are just so easy and portable! I’ve been waking up early to run a few days a week lately (gotta get fit for my wedding in August!!), and Overnight Oats completely save me – I can jump in the shower, grab my Oats, and run out the door to work.
I’ve found a delicious new flavour combination – Tropical Overnight Oats. It takes my basic Overnight Oats recipe and adds chopped mango and coconut flakes. I could eat mangoes every day forever – I think they are the ultimate tropical flavour. Mangoes taste like endless summer – and they are currently on sale at my local grocery store, so we are eating lots of mangoes! Which is fine by me 😉
Let’s get tropical! Give these Tropical Overnight Oats a whirl.
- ½ cup milk (I frequently use coconut milk or almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- half a mango, chopped
- ½ cup rolled oats
- In a half pint (8 oz) mason jar, stir together milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, coconut flakes, and mango. Add oats and stir again, making sure all oats are moistened.
- Screw on mason jar lid and set in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, gently stir, and eat!