Chia, chia the magical seed. I’ve already talked about how much I love chia in Overnight Oats, and now we have this magical Vanilla Chia Pudding.
Why is it so magical, you ask? A sprinkling of chia seeds mixed with milk and thrown in the fridge overnight turns into a rich, thick pudding that is a great substitute for your morning yogurt. And, chia seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for brain health.
Sounds like it one-ups yogurt, wouldn’t you say?! 😉
I’ve made the measurements for this recipe to fit exactly into a half pint (8 oz) mason jar so that you can make your Vanilla Chia Pudding overnight and then grab it and take it to go. I love an easy portable breakfast!
Here I’ve served the chia pudding topped with blueberries and shredded coconut – top with any of your favourite fruits!
Let’s see this recipe in action! It’s SO SIMPLE! [PRESS PLAY ON THE VIDEO BELOW!]
- ¾ cup milk of your choice (I love using cashew milk!)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (see Note below)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- In a half-pint (8 oz) mason jar, add all ingredients, screw on the lid tightly, and shake all ingredients together.
- Set jar in the fridge for 8 hours, or overnight.
- In the morning, pudding will have gelled together and thickened. Top with your favourite fruit and take your chia pudding to go!
This recipe yields a medium-thick chia pudding - like the consistency of a skim-milk yogurt. For a thicker Greek-yogurt consistency, add an additional tablespoon of chia seeds.