Mason Jar French Toast takes just 5 minutes to prepare in the microwave! It’s extremely easy. I might even go so far as to say it’s life changing. 😉
5 Minute Mason Jar French Toast is made for days when you feel a little fancy. It’s for days when you wake up in the morning feeling rested, your hair is having a miraculously good hair day, your latte milk foams perfectly, and you want something a little special for breakfast.
But not too special – because it’s still a work day after all. You could scramble some eggs, but you’d rather have something sweet – something normally reserved for the weekend: French Toast!
Now you can eat French Toast any day! In just 5 minutes and with 4 ingredients, you can have a portable mason jar full of cinnamony french toast – that you can even stash in your purse and take to go!
French Toast at your desk?! Now that’s absolutely life changing.
Each half-pint mason jar requires just 4 ingredients: 1 egg, a splash of milk, cinnamon, and 1 slice of bread cut into cubes. Then, screw on the mason jar lid and shake, shake, shake until all bread pieces are moistened. Remove lid and microwave jar at 30 second intervals for 2 minutes tops.
(Trust me on the 30 second interval thing – you don’t want an explosion in your microwave! And by interval, I mean: microwave for 30 secs, wait 10 secs, microwave for 30 secs, wait 10 secs, etc, for 2 minutes. It may take less time – 1 min 30 secs is my microwave’s sweet spot.)
You’ll know the French Toast is nearly done when it starts to rise up out of the mason jar. (If it rises up too far like it’s going to overflow, pause the microwave and do your 10 sec wait.) The French Toast is fully done when all liquid has been absorbed and using a spoon to part the middle yields a moist but not wet consistency.
Let the jar cool a moment, drizzle maple syrup on top, and dive in with a spoon.
You’ve got to try this – it’s so fun and EASY!
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 piece of bread, cut into cubes
- maple syrup
- In a half-pint (8 oz) mason jar, add milk, egg, and cinnamon. Screw on the lid and shake to combine ingredients.
- Unscrew lid and add bread cubes. Press cubes into milk liquid to ensure all bread cubes are submerged. Screw on lid again and shake!
- Remove lid and microwave jar at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. (Trust me on the 30 second interval thing - you don't want an explosion in your microwave! And by interval, I mean: microwave for 30 secs, wait 10 secs, microwave for 30 secs, wait 10 secs, etc, for up to 2 minutes. It may take less time - 1 min 30 secs is my microwave's sweet spot.)
- Remove from microwave and let cool for a minute or two. Drizzle with maple syrup and dive in with a spoon!
Alternatively, you could add 1 or 2 tablespoons of maple syrup into the milk mixture - this will save you having to drizzle maple syrup once it's cooked! Another time-saving hack 😉
Recipe yields 1 half-pint mason jar.