It’s no secret that I eat a Lara Bar pretty much every day. I love them for their simple, whole ingredients, but I don’t love the pricetag! My favourite flavour is the Coconut Lara Bar – so I knew I wanted to take that inspiration and make my own coconut flavoured snack bites!
For these No-Bake Coconut Energy Bites, I’ve paired coconut, dates, and cashews (the only three ingredients in Coconut Lara Bars) with a few other nuts for a fuller flavour, and also added cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
The result is a sweetly spiced coconut energy ball – which makes a great on-the-go breakfast or an afternoon snack.
These No-Bake Coconut Energy Bites are SO SIMPLE and QUICK to mix up. All you need is a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor – GET ONE. They are life-changing. The first time I whipped up homemade pastry in two seconds, I was sold.
(This is the Hamilton Beach Food Processor that I own. I bought it because it has tons of amazing reviews and is very affordable!)
Feel free to mix up the nuts to your tastes, as long as you have the same quantity.
And let me know the flavour combinations you try – I’d love to expand my No-Bake Energy Bite recipe collection. 😉
- 1 cup nuts I used a mixture of cashews, walnuts, and almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a food processor, add nuts and coconut. Pulse until mixture is crumbly. Add dates, coconut oil, vanilla, and spices, and pulse again until all ingredients and incorporated and smooth.
- Form into small balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. Once chilled, transfer to a tupperware container.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Recipe yields 12 bites.
- Link to my Hamilton Beach Food Processor.