Podcasts are such a great way to be exposed to new ideas and a fantastic learning opportunity! There are SO many podcasts targeted to food lovers and bloggers. Here are my favourites.
The Food Blogger Pro Podcast
Everyone knows powerhouse couple Bjork and Lindsay Ostrom of the food blog Pinch of Yum, and now they have a podcast! I love this podcast because it is solely focused on growing and profiting from your food blog. Bjork has a casual and let’s-get-down-to-business interview style. He interviews some of the best in the food blogging industry, such as Sally McKenney from Sally’s Baking Addiction, Molly Yeh from My Name is Yeh!, and Ashley and Gabe Rodriguez from Not Without Salt. Highly recommended.
- Episode 003: Sally McKenney from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Episode 011: Making the Leap to Full-Time Blogging with Beth Moncen from Budget Bytes
- Episode 013: An interview with Molly Yeh, the author behind Saveur’s 2015 Blog of the Year
- Episode 043: How Tieghan Gerard used Photography, Recipe Development, and Hustle to Build Half Baked Harvest
- Episode 066: Tips, Tricks & Techniques for Making Killer Recipe Videos with Alana and Lindsay from Pinch of Yum
The Lively Show
The Lively Show was the very first podcast that flung me far and deep down the rabbit hole of blogging podcasts. It is a podcast “designed to add a little extra intention to your everyday.” Jess has interviewed ALL of my favourite bloggers and influencers and it’s SO inspiring! Recently, she’s changed her slant to focus on intentions and our internal journey, and I don’t love it quite as much, but there’s still lots of great stuff there.
- TLS #78: 27 Ways to Make Money Online with Hilary Rushford
- TLS #70: Turn Your Day Around & How to Say No with Alexandra Franzen
- TLS #10: Embracing Minimalism with Dana Shultz
- TLS #20 Facing Fears and Slowing Down with Joy Wilson
In the Chopped Podcast, Marly interviews food bloggers for their tips and tricks about growing your food blog business. I love this podcast because it is specific to the food blogging niche and I always learn something new from each episode! And Marly seems like such a sweetheart!
- #006: Taking the Leap to Full-time Food Blogger with Kathryne Taylor
- #011: How Food Bloggers Can Work with Brands with Rachel Gurk
- #043: Finding Authenticity as a Blogger with Cara Ansis
- #093: The Village of Blogging with Jennifer and Trevor Debth (this is actually one of my fav podcast eps of all time)
How They Blog
Kat no longer updates the How They Blog podcast, but the old episodes are such a great reference. The episode about harnessing the power of Pinterest completely overhauled the way I used Pinterest and really grew my following. There’s some really great tips here.
One Part Podcast
One Part Podcast is interviews with inspiring minds in wellness, music food, fashion, and design. Jessica Murnane is super down-to-earth and always gets the real answers from her interviews (I feel like we’d be friends in real life!)
A podcast for food entrepreneurs. Inspiring interviews, women entrepreneurs, and business tips.
ProBlogger Podcast: Blog Tips to Help You Make Money Blogging
This podcast straddles the line between blogging and entrepreneurship. It’s designed to help you build a better blog, with a strong focus for strategies to make money online. He’s also got a lovely Australian accent, which I find fun to listen to!
The Side Hustle Show
This podcast is a new find for me and I am really loving it – I’ve been listening non-stop lately! Actionable tips and business strategies from successful entrepreneurs.
- Episode 46: Blogging in Your Spare Time: From $0 to $17,000 with Pinch of Yum
- Episode 199: Building a Blog to $20k a Month and Beyond
- Episode 202: Blogging for Recurring Revenue: Turn Readers into Members
The Portfolio Life
Jeff Goins narrates The Portfolio Life, which is a podcast about pursing your passions, entrepreneurship and small business success, with an emphasis on succeeding as a writer.
- Episode 32: Facebook Isn’t the Problem – You Are
- Episode 64: Amy Porterfield on How to Use Your Day Job to Build a Business (Without Getting Fired)
Being Boss is a podcast for creative female entrepreneurs. It features interviews with strong lady bosses.
Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn
Pat Flynn is the GOD of entrepreneurship podcasts – he knows everything about making money for yourself in the online world. It goes without saying that you should listen.
The #AskGaryVeeShow Podcast
Gary Vee talks all things marketing, social media, and entrepreneurship.
ABOUT FOOD IN GENERAL:
The Splendid Table
A podcast for people who love to eat! Topics include farming, chef profiles, GMOs, and so much more!
The Sporkful is a podcast “not for foodies, it’s for eaters.” Topics range from the history of waffles to debating if you can love a picky eater.
Alton Brown chats to chefs, authors, scientists, makers – anyone who has something to say about food.
Writers/comedians Molly Wizenberg and Matthew Amster-Burton chat about food-related topics, from apples to winter squash, and run with it as far as they can go.
Do you have any favourites to add to this list?
Note: This post was originally posted on my first food blog, The Lovely Kitchen.
Jessica murnaneNovember 27, 2016 at 6:51 pm
Thanks so much for including One Part podcast! excited to check out the others.
Triple Berry Green Smoothie - breakfast for dinnerJanuary 11, 2017 at 9:21 pm
[…] recipe ideas in store (my Google doc is overflowing!) and I’ve been listening to tons of podcasts over the holidays for extra inspiration. AND it’s getting brighter in the mornings and […]
RebekahMarch 27, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Have you heard of the Angel foods show?
breakfastfordinnerMarch 29, 2018 at 7:27 pm
I have not, but will be sure to check it out! Thanks for letting me know 🙂