Happy Christmas Eve Eve! Only one day to go until Christmas!
Tomorrow morning J and I are catching a very early plane to Mexico to spend a week in the sun with my family. We aren’t doing any gift exchanging this year – our present to each other is the vacation together! I can’t wait. We’ve had such a rainy, snowy, and cold winter so far – it will feel so good to be blasted with some heat.
This will be my last post until 2017. And what better way to celebrate than a Rosemary Gin Spritzer cocktail?! Cocktails may not be breakfast food, but they are certainly appropriate at a brunch party – or any other time of the day after that. 😉
I hope 2016 has been a good year for you. It’s been a very exciting one for me – most importantly because I married J. I can’t wait to see what 2017 has in store!
A fresh brunch cocktail with a hint of rosemary, perfect for Autumn or Winter.
- 2 oz gin
- 2 teaspoons honey or simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- soda water
- sprigs of rosemary, plus more to garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, add gin, honey or simple syrup, lemon juice, and a few sprigs of rosemary. Fill to liquid line with ice and shake.
- Strain into 2 cocktail glasses. Add more ice and top with soda water.
- Add a sprig of rosemary to each glass for garnish.
Recipe adapted from The Forest Feast cookbook.
Recipe first published on my now-defunct blog, The Lovely Kitchen.